Medical surveys have recorded a gradual increase in the rate of Sexually transmitted infections over the past few years. It is high time that all of us should understand the utmost need for safe and protected sex.
Sex education is very essential for all men and women. We must also have adequate knowledge of sexually transmitted infections. There are various curable and uncurable STDs and Chlamydia is one such curable sexually transmitted disease.
What Is Chlamydia?
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted bacterial infection that can affect both men and women. The rate of Chlamydia infection in humans has been steadily increasing since 2006. Scientists consider it as the most common bacterial STD in the world.
Chlamydia causing bacteria attack cells present in the mucous membranes that are not covered by skin, including, urethra, vagina, and eyelid lining. This type of infection is known as genital chlamydia.
Chlamydia may also have a major effect on mouth, nose, and throat of a person. When this infection affects throat or nose of a person, it is termed as oral chlamydia.
How Is It Caused?
According to Medical health professionals, Chlamydia is a curable sexually transmitted disease caused by Chlamydia Trachomatis bacteria. In women, it can have a major infection in the cervix, including the urethra, whereas, in men, chlamydia can affect severely affect the rectum. Chlamydia can often cause serious and at times permanent damage to the reproductive system in both men and women.
What Are The Symptoms?
Symptoms of chlamydia can be seen in any person after 5-10 of contracting with the infection.
Symptoms In Women:
- Heavy bleeding during periods
- Bleeding or little blood spots after/during sex
- Painful sex
- Burning sensation or pain during urination
- Swelling around anus
- Swelling in vagina
- Excessive abdominal pain
- Yellowish vaginal discharge that may have a foul smell
Symptoms In Men:
- Pain while urinating
- Burning sensations while urinating
- Testicle tenderness
- Swelling in testicles
- Pus-like watery penile discharge
Symptoms of Oral:
- Painless sores on the mouth area.
- Cold sores around the mouth.
- Redness with white spots around the throat.
- Dry and scratchy throat.
- Eye irritation
In some instances, most people might not show any considerable chlamydia symptoms, but once the infection becomes severe it is quite difficult to manage or control the same. So, it is always advised, especially for all sexually active people to get tested for STD after considerable intervals.
How Can Chlamydia Affect Mouth or Nose?
When you are involved in oral sex with a person already suffering from chlamydia, you are at a high risk of getting the infection. Oral sex includes the involvement of your lips, mouth, tongue causing stimulation of vagina, penis, or anus of another person. You are at a high risk of getting oral chlamydia infection during the conditions mentioned below:
- When you are involved in oral sex with a man already suffering from Chlamydia at his penis area.
- When you are involved in oral sex with a woman already suffering from Chlamydia in urinary track or vaginal area.
- You are having sex with somebody who is living with a Chlamydia infected person.
- A person already suffering from genital chlamydia may get the infection of oral chlamydia.
- A mother suffering from chlamydia may transfer this infection to her baby. It can further develop some serious complications in pregnancy or health issues with baby after birth.
As soon as you notice some unusual signs or chlamydia symptoms in your body, you must consider getting tested for it. Proud Urology Clinic provides the best STD check-ups at the clinic. This clinic is most appreciated for quick and accurate results.
At Proud Urology Clinic, Chlamydia screening may involve taking a swab sample from the throat, urethra, cervix, penis, or rectum depending upon the symptoms of a person. In some cases, a urine test is also considered for checking chlamydia.
How Is The Screening Done?
It is always advised to consult a urologist regarding your suspicion about STD symptoms in your body. After a quick survey of your body, he will suggest you the type of testing beneficial for you as per the symptoms in your body.
For women, either a swab sample is taken from lower vagina or urine sample is taken for testing chlamydia infection. Swab is then tested in lab for accurate results.
For men, a urine sample is most common for testing chlamydia.
For some people, it might be necessary to go for throat and rectal testing,
How To Prevent?
There are several ways to prevent transmission and infection of chlamydia. You just need to be careful about few things during sex. Hygiene and protected sex are most important amongst all the measures.
- Use condoms while having sex. May it be oral, anal or vaginal sex, protection is the best prevention.
- Regular STD screening at a urology clinic.
- Use dental gum during oral sex
If you are tested with chlamydia, it is always advised to avoid all sexual activities until you are treated. Take your medications on time.
Early diagnoses and treatment can efficiently cure chlamydia. But when people do not take their medicines on time and ignore doctor’s advice, Chlamydia can lead to some serious issues in human body.
Complications In Women:
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Complications In Men:
- Reactive Arthritis
Untreated chlamydia increases the risk of HIV in both men and women. Complications associated with Chlamydia are potentially serious. So, timely screening and proper treatment is always advised to all patients.
Screening and medicines play a vital role in the treatment of Chlamydia. But, along with medicines, some natural home remedies are equally important for a human body. Follow some basic remedies as mentioned below for quick recovery:
- Garlic – Always prefer to consume 3-4 cloves of garlic before your meal. Anti-viral and antibiotic properties of garlic are beneficial for a patient suffering from Chlamydia.
- Sage – Make sage tea a mandatory part of your daily routine. This herbal plant helps to clean your immune system thus making it easier for your body to fight the infection.
- Echinacea – This herb facilitates to multiply the production of white blood cells in a human body. You can consume it in the form of a tincture or capsule available in the market.
- Neem – Amazing antibacterial properties of neem can effectively help you to alleviate nose chlamydia symptoms. You can take neem in your tea to cure throat problems.
- Saw Palmetto – It has rich antibacterial and antiseptic properties and helps in quick recovery of urinary tract infections.
- Turmeric – Rich antioxidants of this essential spice helps in treating visible symptoms of oral chlamydia
Proud urology clinic always advises you to follow all the necessary steps and get yourself tested for STI to avoid any kind of severe infections.
STAY HEALTHYLeave a reply