WHAT IS PROSTATE?
An exocrine gland of the male reproductive system is known as the prostate. It is a gland that surrounds the neck of the bladder in males and is majorly responsible for releasing prostatic fluid. The urethra is the tube in the penis that pee from the bladder. With the help of the prostate, fluid in semen is made that carries sperm from testicles when men ejaculate.
As males attain age, the prostate is supposed to become larger. The increase in size of prostate is as normal as ageing for men. As males grow older, the enlarged prostate can squeeze the urethra which may lead to difficulty in peeing for men. Such problem generally occurs in 50s with a male, but can even start earlier in some extreme conditions.
This condition is commonly known as Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). There is nothing to worry about as enlarged prostate as millions of men today are suffering from this condition but considerable treatments and solutions are available for the same.
WHAT CAUSES ENLARGED PROSTATE?
According to a survey of the National kidney and urological disease by the Urological Association, prostate enlargement is the most common problem for men over 50years of age. It was noted the survey that by the age of 60, over 50% of men have this problem whereas, by the age of 85, the percentage climbs up to 90%.
An enlarged prostate is mainly caused by the testosterone in a man’s body being converted into a Hormone, Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is the hormone that makes the prostate grow.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF ENLARGED PROSTATE?
- Difficulty in Urinating
- Nocturia – increased frequency of urination during night
- Frequent or urgent need to urinate throughout the day
- Weak urine system
- A urinary stream that starts and stops
- Inability to completely empty the bladder during urination
- Continue dribbling of urine
When the bladder does not empty completely, the man become more prone at developing risk of Urinary tract infections. The other serious problems that enlarged prostate can lead to are:
- Bladder stones
- Acute urinary retention or inability to urinate
- Blood in urine
- In rare cases when treatment is not taken on time, BPH in men can also lead to:
- Damage of Bladder
- Damage of Kidney
WHAT CAN BE DONE AS TREATMENT OF ENLARGED PROSTATE?
Most men live with an enlarged prostate before consulting a doctor. They don’t bother or sometimes hesitate consulting a doctor until the symptoms become severe. Men suffering from enlarged prostate must know that if not treated seriously it can also be bladder cancer, stones, and prostate cancer. BPH is often just the diagnosis of exclusion after the doctors are sure that there is nothing more serious going with the person’s health.
So, as soon as any men start experiencing the symptoms mentioned above, he should immediately consult the doctor.
MEDICATION FOR AN ENLARGED PROSTATE
There are several drugs approved by FDA that are prescribed by doctors to get relived from common symptoms of an enlarged prostate. These drugs either shrink the enlarged prostate or stop the prostate cell growth. Nobody should ever take any medicines without consulting the doctor otherwise, these drugs can have some really serious side effects on males.
In extreme conditions, the person is prescribed Prostate enlargement surgery by the doctor. No men should avoid the surgery and get it done as soon as possible when prescribed by the doctor. At Proud Urology Clinic, we prove UROLIFT surgery for prostate enlargement. Keep reading the blog to know about UroLift in detail.
WHAT IS UROLIFT?
UroLift is surgery for men having an enlarged prostate. Instead of medicines, this is based on a minimally-invasive surgical procedure. In this surgery a small device is inserted in man’s urethra. The purpose involved in the surgery is to insert a device that unblocks the urethra which has been partially closed by enlarged prostate.
HOW DOES THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF UROLIFT WORKS?
The major problem caused by an enlarged prostate in men is the blockage of urethra which further causes urinating problems for them. UroLift is the surgery which helps in unblocking urethra, thus, solving the problem of urination. The surgery process is as follow:
- In the process of surgery, UroLift device is inserted through the penis via urethra. This device is pushed deeper until it reaches man’s prostate, thus, holding the opening wider for the urine to pass through easily.
- In the second step of UroLift surgery, tiny implants are inserted which permanently push the enlarged tissue aside and keep the opening for the urine to pass through wider.
- At the time of second step of the surgery, the main UroLift device is removed, hopefully leaving the opening unblocked and open.
- As a result of this surgery, the problem of urination in men is treated as the opening for urine is unblocked.
IS UROLIFT METHOD SAFE AND EFFECTIVE?
There have been several studies conducted in order to determine the safety of UroLift surgery. All the studies have therefore concluded and declared it as a completely safe and effective method to treat prostate enlargement. UroLift is approved by FDA. All the ingredients used in UroLift surgery are completely safe and effective. The only major thing involved in this entire surgery is just a small UroLift device that the urologist inserts in urethra to unblock the prostate. This device does not cause any negative impact to any man’s health and is hygienically used at UroLift. This system successfully removes the pressure on man’s urethra and restores the normal flow of Urine.
ADVANTAGES OF UROLIFT
UROLIFT has many benefits as compared to any other medication or surgery for the problem of prostate enlargement in men. Some major benefits of UroLift are:
- This method is minimally invasive as no major surgical cuts and equipment are involved in this surgery.
- This process does not require the removal of prostate tissue.
- It does not cause any unwanted sexual side effects in men.
- It does not require continuous medications.
- Quick and long-lasting results.
- Men can experience considerably good results as well as quality in their lives.
PROUD UROLOGY CLINIC IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO SERVE ITS PATIENTS
To learn more about the UROLIFT procedure done at our clinic, please click here.Leave a reply